Next Grading Date: TBC
Next Seminar Date: TBC
Upcoming Seminar Topics:
- Arm/leg conditioning, and joint-lock foundations
- Ji Tán Tuǐ (Two person Tán Tuǐ form)
- Chinese New Year! The upcoming Year of the Pig starts on February 5th. The school's Lion Dance and Kung Fu Performance team will be out performing at restaurants and Chinese schools for two weeks (all of the kung fu classes will be running as normal!)
- Friday kids class has been cancelled (18th Jan) due to the Park Gym sprinkler system being repaired. Please attend classes on other days this month to get the most out of your training.
- A successful second Tán Tuǐ seminar was held by SiGung, SiBak, and SiFu; giving students the chance to learn the seventh to twelfth lines of the twelve roads system. Look out for these being bought into the regular classes!
- The Wednesday family class has closed. With the all of the 'child' participants now being old enough the move up to the adults classes.
Past Seminars and Workshops
Sunday, 6th Jan 2019 - Tan Tui workshop #2 (lines 7-12)
Saturday, 1st September 2018 - Weapons workshop w/ GM Lau
Sunday, 22nd April 2018 - Tan Tui workshop #1 (lines 1-6)
Sunday, 5th November 2017 - Forms seminar (NFK)
Sunday, 22nd October 2017 - Eagle Claw basics w/ GM Lau
Sunday, 3rd September 2017 - Forms seminar (QYG)
Sunday, 2nd July 2017 - Forms seminar (JK)
Sunday, 7th May 2017 - Forms seminar (TJ)
Sunday, 5th March 2017 - Forms seminar (GLK)
Saturday, 23rd April 2016 - Lion Dance workshop
Saturday, 8th December 2018 - The Greatest Snowman Christmas Circus Show (kung fu kids)
Saturday, 8th December 2018 - Christmas meal
Saturday 27th October 2018 - Lion dance in Camberley (poppy appeal)
Saturday 7th July 2018 - Fleet parade (Lion Dance)
Saturday 24th June 2018 - North Camp Fayre demonstration
Saturday 9th June 2018 - Aldershot's Victoria Day Parade (Lions in the procession, Lion Dance and kung fu demonstrations in the bandstand afterwards)
Other events have included Go Ape and various activities at Runways End Activity Centre.
“Whether interested in health, performance or self-defence Matt's training is what you are looking for. His enthusiasm for Kung Fu is contagious, and his flexible teaching style makes everyone feel welcome and motivated. I really appreciate Matt's honest and open perspective on martial arts. Always willing to answer questions, and give helpful comments, his tutelage is really helping me to develop my skills.”
“Thanks to Matt (and Kung Fu) a new chapter has opened up in my life and I am so grateful for it.” - Karen M